I am officially full term! Most babies are born within one week before or after their due date.

Sunday evening I started to feel really nauseous and weird. I even went and checked to make sure I had everything in my hospital bag before I headed to bed. That night I woke up at around quarter to 1 having to pee. As soon as I laid back down I started to have Braxton Hicks contractions and baby was moving like crazy. As I tried to fall back to sleep they just kept coming and coming. I eventually grabbed my phone and realized I had been up two and a half hours already. I started to time the contractions and they were no further apart then 5 minutes lasting about 30-45 seconds long. I really wasn’t sure what to do. I got up a few times to pee and walk around a little. I sat up in bed for probably an hour. Then, I started to fall in and out of sleep by 5AM. When I woke up at around 7:30/8AM I had maybe two more contractions and then nothing for the rest of the morning. I tried calling my OB nurse, but had to leave a message.

As you can imagine I was exhausted the rest of the day Monday, but thankfully my son took a three hour nap that I got to take advantage of. Yesterday I felt a lot better. I even went to the gym and did a little workout and bounced on an exercise ball for a while.

Today I had my 39 week appointment and I was a little disappointed to hear that not much progress has been made even after that whole ordeal Sunday night. The doctor explained to me that when things like that start happening I need to be walking around, standing up, and being active. I basically shouldn’t have been laying down trying to fall back to sleep Sunday night. He also said to call the office at anytime so the doctors can asses what’s going on and direct me to either seek medical attention or wait it out at home longer.

We also made an induction date for September 26th. A week or so after my due date on September 17th. I’m really hoping I don’t have to be induced and baby will just come on it’s own. We will definitely just have to keep waiting and see what happens, but pray for me.

The reason I don’t really want to be induced is because I was with my son and although it might be nice to know the day and plan ahead, to me I just want to have a different experience.

So, I’ve been Googling the past few weeks and asking friends and family what they recommend I do to get labor going. I’ve bought the red raspberry leaf tea and have been drinking it throughout the week but not everyday. Today, after my appointment, I bought a whole container of cut pineapple from Publix in hopes that I could finish it off today and go into labor tomorrow!

Here is a list of things various sources say to try to get labor going:

  • Sex
  • Nipple stimulation
  • Bouncing on an exercise ball
  • Eating eggplant parmesan
  • Eating pineapple
  • Acupuncture
  • Walking & staying active
  • Red raspberry leaf tea
  • Having spicy foods
  • Evening primrose oil (my mom swears by it)

Below is a quick website I referenced to earlier in the week:


So, I guess I’ll be trying a few more of these suggestions in the coming days. I’ll let you know if anything happens, well if I have a baby or not. If not, next week at my 40 week appointment I’ll have an ultrasound done to asses me and baby. It’s a typical ultrasound they usually do at this point in pregnancy, so nothing specifically for me.

I can’t believe it’s almost time! Please leave comments/ questions and your own experience with labor below.



Babylist Week 39